A700 Firmware v4 released (updated)
September 16th, 2008 - 09:28:54 AM:
Firmware v4 for the Sony α700 has turned up on Sony Japan's support site. There's no description of it, yet, and it's also not yet on Sony USA's site or Sony Europe's site. But as always, the firmware is not region specific, so you can update the new version on any regional model. The instructions are the same as for v3.
You can download the file directly for Windows or for Mac.
I have not tried it myself, but word has it that it now has an OFF option for High ISO Noise Reduction and that there's a new bracketing option for ±2 stops (for the HDR fans out there).
The above links currently don't work. The files have probably been removed until the official release of the update, which can only be a matter of days or even hours.
The official release for v4 is expected for September 16th.
The above links appear to be working again.
The official changes are:
- The choice to select auto exposure bracketing (single & continuous) with 3 shots in 2 EV steps has been added.
- The choice to turn [Off] the High ISO NR feature has been added.
- Improvement of the image quality in high ISO setting
- Improvement of the auto white balance and D-Range Optimizer performance.
- Improvement of reliability for communication between camera body and vertical grip.
Sony has also updated the PC software to match the image processing in the camera and to add an interval timer feature to Remote Camera Control.
Categories: Cameras (Sony) • Archive of all entries